50 Best Places in Dubai- Our Top Suggestions for the Interested Seasoned Traveler
written by: shaunguidotti
Forget the usual perception about Dubai as hot, desert-like and boring. The new Dubai is a tourist haven ready to serve all kinds of travelers and tourists with different needs and preferences. In fact in 2007, this city called as one of the emirates was tallied as the 8th most visited city globally. So is it time to join the fun and adventure? Here are 50 best places in Dubai that is worth your visit and time.
Places to See and Their Descriptions
1. Dubai Autodrome- This is a motor sports complex that features a racing and sporting track.
2. Dubai Fountains- Water fountains that shoot up to as a high as 500 feet and complemented by music.
3. Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve-A national and protective park in Dubai.
4. Sheikh Mohammed Centre for Cultural Understanding (SMCCU)- Learn the local culture and custom of the city at this complex.
5. Dolphin Bay-Discover a thriving dolphin habitat in Dubai.
6. Burj Khalifa- This is a must-see in Dubai considered the tallest building in the world right now.
7. The Tower of Arabs- Another tall building in Dubai worth a visit.
8. Sky Dive Dubai-This is best for the adventure seekers.
9. Dubai Beaches-The beaches that line up Jumeirah road are worth visiting.
10. The World Islands-Located 4km off the coast of Dubai, this is a representation of the world map in the form of small islands.
11. The Palm Islands-This is a large man-made structure that can be seen from space.
12. Dubai Museum-This is considered as the oldest building in the city.
13. Ski Dubai-This is an indoor ski resort.
14. The Dubai Mall-Considered as the world's largest shopping complex.
15. Desert Safari- The sand dunes are best for off-road vehicles.
16. Abra Dock in Bur Dubai-This offers tourists with a 10-minute traditional boat ride.
17. Wild Wadi Water Park- Water Park near Jumeirah Hotel.
18. The Monarch Dubai Hotel-A 5-star hotel known for a number of suites.
19. Grosvenor House West Marina Beach-This is known for the hip two 45-storey tower.
20. Ritz-Carlton Hotel- A hotel that gives you that Mediterranean feel.
21. Blue Elephant-A Thai restaurant in Dubai.
22. Zheng He's- A Chinese restaurant with new Chinese selections.
23. Shabestan-Offers Persian cuisine for locals and visitors of Dubai.
24. Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club-A popular golf resort in Dubai.
25. Aquaventure Waterpark-Offer pools and rapids adventures best for groups of friends and families.
26. Dubai Creek-Experience the lifeline of the city with boat tours through the creek.
27. The Emirates Gulf Club-Another first-rate gulf club in Dubai.
28. Jumeirah Beach and Park-Sun beds and clean beaches are available for those who want to soak up in the sun.
29. Dar Al Maysaf: Madinat Jumeirah-This is also called as the Summer House.
30. Jumeirah Beach Hotel-A beach hotel with wave design and architecture.
31. Habtoor Grand Beach Resort and Spa- A lavish 5-star hotel.
32. Burj Dubai- A top hotel in Emaar Boulevard.
33. Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City- A clean complex located in Dubai Creek.
34. Raffles Dubai- Pyramid-inspired hotel complex known for cheap rates with a 5-star treatment.
35. Burj Al Arab-This is a hotel built like a sail ship.
36. Focaccia- Known for authentic Italian and Sicilian food.
37. Indego by Vineet-Started by a Michelin starred chef.
38. Zuma- A Japanese-themed restaurant.
39. Vu's-European and French cuisine are offered here.
40. La Petite Maison-France and French cuisine made available in Dubai through this restaurant
41. Armani Ristorante-A restaurant owned by Giorgio Armani.
42. Ossiano-Food are served while you have a view of the ocean.
43. Al Mamzar Park- A cheap beach park to discover
44. Bastakia Quarter- Offers a visit and walk tours to some of the oldest buildings.
45. Jumeirah Mosque- Discover the Muslim culture by adding this mosque to the must-visit list.
46. Gold Souk- This is a market place for those wanting to shop for gold.
47. Mall of the Emirates-A skiing adventure awaits here on top of the great shopping activities,
48. Palm Jumeira- This is a man-made island worth discovering.
49. Jebel Ali Palm Tree Court & Spa- This offers competitive rates plus a view of the sea.
50. Ras Al Khor Wildlife Sanctuary- Here's one natural habitat best for appreciating the open spaces available in Dubai. Flamingos frequent this sanctuary.